
I almost died of shock when I read this. While Campbell Newman is happy for pregnant women, babies, small children and the 80% of the public who don't smoke to suffer the ill-effects resulting from being forced to breathe other peoples' used carcinogens at bus stops, taxi ranks and in Queen Street Mall, Ipswich of all places has decided to enact a smoking ban in its central mall, as well as at bus stops and taxi ranks. Ipswich. Wow. Go Ipswich.
Ipswich aims to become Queensland's first city to ban smoking at taxi ranks and bus stops, as well as the city's central mall.
The decision by the southern Queensland regional city follows the introduction to state parliament last week of new legislation giving councils additional controls over public smoking.
Ipswich council's policy board spokesman Paul Tully said the move would be welcomed by most residents who were unhappy with smoking in busy public places.
1 comment:
Sarah, can you drop me an email to CairnsBlog@gmail.com
I love your blog (saw the link from The Cairns Roast) and have a technical question for you for my Cairns BlogThanks
Mike
Post a Comment