Drugged-up supertosser: Pete Doherty of some band people have only heard of because he slept with Kate MossIf
this moron was black or Pakistani, he'd have been in jail a long time ago. Sure, I'm not a big fan of throwing in people in jail for drug offences if they haven't committed other crimes (although I just read that he apparently assaulted a female reporter), but there's a huge double standard at work here, considering how many times Doherty has thumbed his nose at the law. He needs more than a slap on the wrist, and his less-than-contrite trips to 'rehab' obviously aren't doing the job.
Instead of the puny fine and forbidding him from driving, the judge should have ordered a public crushing of his car, with him present. Doherty shouldn't have been allowed to drive since his first conviction... and what is this? His fifteenth?
1 comment:
Yeah what is the deal with white celebs and avoiding Jail? I mean seriously?
I am against drugs being criminalised myself - and think treatment should be the penalty if we have to have it. But it's a bit rich when the rich/famous don't have to cop it sweet like everyone else.
Post a Comment