Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Belladonna's extras


Fleshbot has a short post up on Belladonna, after her 'dirtiest girl award' win at the Erotica L.A. FAME awards.


People are fascinated by the idea of Belladonna, often commenting to her that they watch the Behind the Scenes footage from her movies before they watch the movies themselves.

"What does that tell you?" I asked.

"That people really like me?" she suggested.


It's so true- the extras (interviews, extra footage and the like) in Belladonna's DVDs really show a lovely, human aspect that you just don't get with the gonzo-style porn that makes up most of the DVD content. I find a lot of her stuff just too extreme (in the sports sense of the word, not in the prudish sense) to be sexy. Like she's going for gold in the bloody anal olympics or something- she's got to be one step ahead of everyone else in the business (which is no doubt true). On the other hand, she has relatively good taste in women (read: her movies lack the preponderance of fake blonde, fake breasted pornidentikit types that are so common in porn), and she comes across as having bucketloads of personality.

Melbourne people will be able to see her at SEXPO later this year. Brisbane SEXPO, meanwhile, has never managed anything more than the aforementioned pornidentikit types. Boo.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Man, Sexpo was so very lame. Went to it for the first time this year and found out why I never bothered to before. Although the friend I went with said that the first year she went it was way better. She didn't comment on the people though, so I expect that that hasn't changed.

Gam said...

it was really cool the first time we went, 2003 i think. but yeah, seems to have gone down hill. they need to get belladonna or someone cool. not bessie bardot and her plastic surgeon.

Sarah said...

Well, I guess we made the right choice in not going this year! Last year's was pretty lame too, which is why we chose not to bother with this year's. It did have a $2 peep show though!

Anonymous said...

Well, I will be at Sexpo in Brisbane THIS year and I promise it will be the best Sexpo ever!! At least at my booth ;) Hope to see all you Brisbanians? there!!!

Sarah said...

Thanks for the news! I've put up a new post to let everyone know :)