Thursday, October 20, 2005

Cannabis Less of a Cancer Risk


From the BBC.

The article confirms what many people have long suspected: that smoking cannabis doesn't seem to be anywhere near as bad for you as smoking cigarettes.

I almost laughed out loud at this sentence, though:

"Cannabis remains the most commonly-used drug in the UK with one in 10 people using it in the last year"

So fewer than one in 10 Brits smoke or drink alcohol, I take it?

2 comments:

Mikey_Capital said...

Alcohol and Nicotine aren't drugs they .. oh, wait, yes they are.

I have never been beaten up or hassled by a stoner. But I have been beaten up and hassled by drunks - sometimes for cigarettes.

Why exactly is that?

earthkissed said...

It's easy to say that cannabis isn't as bad for you as cigarettes, but for some people it can be quite detrimental. We had some frequent flyers in psych who, because they were susceptible, became quite psychotic on cannabis. Pretty devastating thing to see for them and their families. Still I don't doubt that the adverse health outcomes from cigarettes and alcohol still far outweigh that of cannabis.