Tuesday, October 03, 2006

'Just as well he had a gun' #9357



I'm sure no-one could have seen this coming. After all, that guy who murdered up to 11 (they just aren't all technically dead yet) Amish girls at that school in Pennsylvania needed a 9mm pistol, a shotgun, a stun gun and a rifle to, er, defend his home and family... right?


The police said most of Mr. Roberts’s weapons appeared to be legal. He bought the 9-millimeter semiautomatic, which he fired at least 13 times during his rampage, from a store five miles from the schoolhouse in 2004. The shotguns and ammunition also appeared to be legal, the police said, although it was not clear whether his possession of a stun gun violated any law.

The police said Mr. Roberts had bought the ammunition and other supplies from area stores over the past several months, so there was no glaring sign that might have alerted store owners that he was about to burst out in violence.


-New York Times

Stupid fucking NRA. Stupid rednecks who think that America's gun laws are just fine and dandy as they are. Just how many gun murders have to be committed in US highschools before something is done? Is the life of even one of those children worth the 'freedom' for every moron to own as many guns as they like? Is that 'Second Amendment' the gun nuts keep bleating about more important than the fact that not even Amish kids can attend a tiny rural school without the real risk of being gunned down in cold blood?



George Bush has said the shootings "saddened and troubled" him. Yeah, I'm sure he'll lose sleep over this one, just like the rest of the pro-gun lobby.

Monsters.

7 comments:

Arthur_Vandelay said...

That Amish school shooter? I heard Charles Darwin and Planned Parenthood told him to do it.

Scott said...

I keep a Taser beside the door for protection. Don't you?

Gam said...

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

funny how that bit always gets left out.

Sarah said...

The 'well regulated militia' bit, I presume?

Mikey_Capital said...

Well define "well" and "regulated" and "militia".

I feel so sorry for the US. Balanced with their greta freedoms - Bush not withstanding - unfortunately is the side effect on knuckles with wads of cash defending their right to own automatic weapons that fire cyanide tipped bullets or some such.

"They're coming right for us!"

earthkissed said...

Sometimes I wonder if it would be better if we even did the same thing as england where the police didn't carry guns, so criminals felt like they needed them less...

Anthony Stoddart said...

I've always found that aspect of the English police very refreshing... And surprising, in some ways...