Friday, October 13, 2006

Soybean saga: 48 hours dairy-free

Bought some So Good from the supermarket yesterday. Coffee is a lot more bearable than with the Organics soy milk. I was tossing up between So Good and another brand (might have been 'Soy Life' or something like that) that was on special at a price about 10c cheaper. I decided on So Good because the other brand contained canola oil. I hate canola oil. So Good contains sunflower oil- it still tastes funny, but the fat gives my coffee a better mouth-feel. So Good has a fat content of 3.4% (comparable to milk) as opposed to 1.8% in Organics. It's also fortified with vitamins and minerals to approximate the content of milk, including with vitamin B12, which is all but impossible to absorb from non-animal sources.

I almost bought some So Good 'icecream' to expand my soy experience, as Gam was buying Connoisseur Cookies & Cream, but I spotted a new variety of Weiss in a tub (Mango & Macadamia), so I'm going to treat myself to that at the end of my dairy-free week rather than settling in the meantime for something that I know won't be as good.

I can't believe it's only been 48 hours!

1 comment:

earthkissed said...

You're doing well, 48hrs is a long time. Mango and Macadamia icecream... Yumm.