Monday, October 09, 2006
Bras without bounce
I happened to catch a story on Today Tonight some time last week about how bra manufacturer Berlei is introducing cup sizes E and F into its sports bra range. Of course, TT just wanted to do a whole heap of closeups of breasts bouncing all over the place, and boy did they pack in those pics, but as someone who has a lot of trouble finding a decent sports bra I was interested to see what they were touting aside from undulating mounds of breast flesh.
Given that I'm only a 12DD, not an E or an F, I would say that the main problem is not the fact that bra manufacturers don't make certain cup sizes- it's that no-one bloody stocks them! Trying to find a decent DD sports bra that passes the 'jump test' is a nightmare. You actually have to find the right size to try on, for starters. Trying to find an E or F cup sports bra must be even harder.
Currently I have a half-decent sports bra by Triumph that I bought from Rebel Sport, and I intend to buy more of the same if they still make them. My solution to its inadequacies has been to wear one of those Bonds singlets with built-in 'support' over the top of the sports bra. Of course it looks terrible and I can't breathe as well as I normally do, but strapping them down like that does the job fairly well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
"I was interested to see what they were touting aside from undulating mounds of breast flesh."
mmmmmm.....
"Given that I'm only a 12DD,"
ha! only? i tell you, you've ruined me for other women...
12 double D -- girl, that is not something to put "only" in front of. Sorry if I missed some trace of sarcasm or something but I'm suprised you bother trying to run at all!
I have to say that if Berlei are making them in your size, you should try them. I think every bra (apart from bras for the sake of decoration) I have are Berlei, although, I'm very particular which of their sports bras I like (and I don't know their name, only how to recognise them). Still, I'm a different size to you, so i guess I don't know if you'd find them as good.
Yeah Chaser ran a 'bra' TT story count for the last few months. I think they recorded 12.
I love chaser! Sadly I miss it much to often. But one of my favourite thing is when they tally the different things the current affair type shows have done.
The Chaser are great, but over for the year :( Friday nights are no longer what they used to be.
Lisa- I used to hate running, but I gave up swimming when I came to qld because I soon got tired of sharing a lane in the 50m pool with 5 other people! Running turned out to be not so bad once I figured out how to deal with the boobs problem :P
er, not a problem, at least not from my point of view. it must be annoying to have to bend over to check if your socks match though...
I think we've all heard enough from you, Gam :P
And the sock thing is not true at all- he made it up!
Post a Comment