Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Family First Hack Attack

Yes, they're nuts.

Family First's blog page was hacked this afternoon, allowing a whole bunch of people who apparently hold opinions similar to mine to have a bit of a rant on their site. It sounds like an immensely satisfying experience, I'm just sorry I missed out.

Still, if the media hadn't picked up on the hack it wouldn't have had much of an impact, and by the time the news got out Family First had taken down their blog. More traditional means of humiliation are still in order for FF in the lead up to the next election, I think.

Update: Peter Black managed to get hold of a screen shot from The Age.

5 comments:

Larry Bonewend said...

That's some nice nut's logo warping. Family (Jewels) First!

Ms Dargan was not pointing the finger in any particular direction, but said the tactics were part of a "grubby political campaign".

Ya. It's part of a campaign. Some dirty party planned this attack, it's a conspiracy.

I propose an alternate hypothesis: They're fucktards that piss a lot of people off, and that has consequences, such as script ki.. I mean "hackers", defacing their website.

Now they site seems to have exceeded it's bandwidth, nice DoS Fairfax.

What a string of bad luck, the God's are surely against these people.

Lisa said...

Hacking my arse!

Let's just be aware that it was as much hacking as I'm hacking your blog right now, Sarah.

It seems FF need to use an emotive word to make themselves look like victims rather than incompetent blog moderators.

Another good reason to think very carefully about one's senate/upper house vote in upcoming state and federal elections!

Sarah said...

Wow... maybe I should phone the Fairfax papers and complain about my blog being hacked! :P

That just makes it even funnier.

earthkissed said...

The thing is they do actually count the votes, and giving votes to certain groups lends weight to their voice.

Sarah said...

So you're saying voting is too hard? Personally I've never had too much difficulty with it.

I don't know what your idea of a democracy is, but it seems almost childish to be claiming that because 'your vote' isn't 'the decider' (i.e. you don't personally get to choose who forms government) it's not worth voting. News flash- democracy is about majority rules, whether right or wrong, not "If I can't personally decide the election I'm taking my ball and going home".

One more reason to vote is that the number of votes given to a political party helps determine their funding for the next election. I suppose now you'll claim that because your vote is worth only $0.0001 in monetary terms it's still not worth it (I made that figure up btw, it could be less, could be more).