Friday, February 08, 2008

Go Queensland Roar!

While I'm still quite sure we did the right thing by staying away from tonight's Roar vs. Sydney match and not jinxing them- the match was delayed by 40 minutes by the rain I mentioned earlier; it stopped long enough for the match to take place before pouring down again shortly afterward- I thought we could display our team spirit by posting a picture of our wedding cake. Behold:



Although... I did especially request that the lady who made our wedding cake do the figurines in the old Roar strip, as I liked the colours better... the new strip kind of sucks. And I had a pang of conscience about not making the cake itself in Roar colours and instead in colours that more closely resembled Sydney's... but I rationalised it by figuring that they're standing atop the cake, so if we're going to get into the symbolism of it all, then standing on top of Sydney FC is just fine. Anyway, they won! Yay!

:D

No comments: