Thursday, February 21, 2008

Finally, some real weather!

The last photo of me taken in a bikini is over a year old!

Unbelieveable, but today is the first day of real summer that Brisbane has had. Today is the first day since god knows when that I spent practically the entire day in my underwear (when we were in the house, that is). Real summer is when it's too hot to wear clothes. We've been seriously ripped off.

Unfortunately, in my enthusiasm for soaking up the first bit of sun we've had in what seems like forever I also managed to get my chest burned when we went on a long walk to Mrs Flannery's at Woolloongabba to buy some delicious Barambah Organics milk. It's practically unthinkable getting burned at this time of year, but I'm so pale from the total lack of sun up here that I'm almost as white as I usually am during winter. Fucking nuts. Let's hope this weather continues for the rest of the year... we haven't even had enough sunny days to hold a proper barbeque in over 12 months!!!

1 comment:

Mikey_Capital said...

Doesn't summer officially end in like a week?