Sunday, February 24, 2008

Keith Richards gets a haircut

Yesterday I took advantage of the hot weather (sooo nice to have some real summer weather!) to give Keith Richards a bath. I try and bath him regularly, but with the horrid wet weather Brisbane has been getting for the last umpteen months it seems a bit cruel sticking him in a bath in weather that makes it impossible for him to dry off. Hence he's only had one or two baths over the last few months and subsequently developed a matted hairball on his rear end. I had to snip that off, and while I was at it decided to give him a significant trim all over except for his 'rock star hair', of which I snipped a little but not so much he can't hide under his fringe.

He always complains and swears at me when I cut his hair (especially if the scissors go near his 'private parts'!) but I'm sure he must feel a bit cooler with all that hair gone. Besides, he'd been carrying out his own haircuts down one side of his body, so he can't object too much.


On his back you can see the bald spot where the vet took a skin scraping after he had a seizure.

Keith Richards on the day we found him.

So cute :)

1 comment:

Mikey_Capital said...

Does he mind being handled?