
See kids, no matter what the kids at school say, you're not bastards!
Today was the first valentine's day since we got married so I thought I'd do something special for Sarah so I made her dinner, garlic bread, fried rice with octopus, prawns, mahi mahi and calamari marinated in sambal olek, harissa, coriander, garlic and sweet soy sauce, and ice cream terrine for desert. I'd never made ice cream terrine before, I don't do many desserts so I went for a double layer terrine. Top layer was cookies and cream ice cream with cheese cake marbled through it, the bottom layer was vanilla with two kinds of chocolate and cherry crumble mixed in.

I'm calling this 'Anarchy in the UK'
I would have had everything ready, but Sarah came home early (yay) but I wasn't done yet (boo). So I sat her down and we had garlic bread and cham-pagun (Pol Roger brut 1998 I think, excellent bang for your buck and easy to polish off a bottle) [and had a DOA4 tournament! And won an equal number of games without either of us letting the other win! -S] . Then we went outside and had more cham-pagun (yum) while I did the fish on the barbie. It's nice to actually stir fry on a surface that's actually hot enough. Normally I have to do it on a weak hob and the food goes from sizzling to soup in no time. I hate it and one day I'll have a proper multi burner hob... on the other hand it's relatively easy to do fried rice on a bbq.

seafood fried rice, yes I just made that up, why?
We vegged out and finished off the cham-pagun, a good day, I think.
3 comments:
That's some nice work on editing out your details!
Good call given the stalky types out in the intertubes.
Yeah I bet Caroline Overington still has it in for us...
"Top layer was cookies and cream ice cream with cheese cake marbled through it, the bottom layer was vanilla with two kinds of chocolate and cherry crumble mixed in."
Is it unhealthy to be turned on by a dessert?
Post a Comment