Wednesday, April 11, 2007

5 songs we'd play on Rage

Mikey tagged us for 5 songs we'd choose to play on Rage. It's pretty much been years since either of us watched a music video programme- the last time was probably in Botswana 2004-05. Still, I doubt we've missed much. Our main difficulty was remembering songs we like that have good videos! In no particular order, our five are:



1. Fatboy Slim, Weapon of Choice: Catchy tune with a fantastic clip of Christopher Walken busting his groove around a hotel.



2. Blink 182, All the small things: The first time I ever saw the clip for this song, the TV was on mute but I still cacked myself laughing. A great send-up of all the chart-topping crap that was popular at the time- various boy bands, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera.



3. Radiohead, Just: Gam is a huge Radiohead fan, while I'm a bit more picky. This song, in my opinion, is one of their best, and has a great clip to boot. I first saw the clip years ago, but didn't remember what it was called or who it was by; when Gam mentioned it I knew exactly which one he was talking about.



4. Lordi, Hard Rock Hallelujah: Lordi are so cute, and probably the only Eurovision contestants I've ever liked. With words like 'Arockalypse' and 'the Rockening' in their lyrics, I've got to wonder how anyone ever took them seriously enough to label them satanic.



5. Basement Jaxx, Hush Boy: We were actually tossing up between this one, Romeo and Where's your head at?, which are all great clips, but the dancing waiters had me hooked.

Hmmm... I forgot to tag anyone. I'll nominate Surfercam, Rach, Anthony and Patrick, if they can be bothered :)

2 comments:

surfercam said...

Great choices team!
I'm a huge radiohead fan.
Basement Jaxx are great too. My old roommate from London is great friends with the boys and I met Felix once through her.

Anthony Stoddart said...

Christopher Walked did well in the Fatboy Slim clip. And it's very hard not to like the dancing waiters in the Basement Jaxx video, which I'd never seen before actually. They remind me of the servants from the "Like A Virgin" scene in 'Moulin Rouge'.