

Mainstream vs underground, the battle continues
A new thing here at VTAY. Music you probably (maybe?) haven't heard. Maybe once a week we'll post 5 tracks by less than mainstream artists you might not have heard of before or just stuff we like. Music is important.
And no, I don't own a DRMpod. I did recently cave to peer pressure and buy an mp3 player. I got a Cowon D2. Pretty sweet and it syncs with Amarok, enough said. You have options, just please don't buy a Zune. Each time one gets sold, god kills a kitten.

Artist - Track Album

Say Hi To Your Mom - Blah Blah Blah - Impeccable Blahs

Red Elvises - Love Rocket - Lunatics & Poets

Mos Def - True Magic - True Magic (special mention for Dollar Day off the same album)

Talib Kweli - Fly That Knot (ft MF Doom) - Right About Now The Official Sucka Free Mixtape

Asian Dub Foundation - Oil - Tank
5 comments:
I second the statement that "music is important".
Jesus dude, how much did that set you back? I almost bought an iaudio, but got a great special on my iriver.
the 4gb d2 was $300 from minidisc. i don't need to stick all my music on the player at once so 4gb is plenty for me, plays videos and is only slightly larger than a nano but is all screen so you can actually watch them (warning, you must be very bored).
i was going to get an iriver but after waiting in jb hi-fi for .5h while the sales dork chatted up some chick i'd had enough so i did some googling and got this instead. best decision i ever made.
Are you getting paid, or getting free CDs to write about them on the blog?
Hope the question doesn't offend you but I got an email making an offer for me to make money and get free CDs along exactly the same lines.
lol i wish i was getting paid. unfortunately the albums i'm talking about aren't really sold by labels with enough cash to front a scheme like that. if i was hawking something i'd let everyone know.
Post a Comment