
Easter/family:
I sent my parents a message on Friday night to find out if they were in Walcha- they were due to travel with Grandma to spend Easter there with Mum's sister and her family, and I hadn't heard from them in a while. Apparently Grandma wasn't feeling up to travelling, so they didn't go. She's ok now, Mum says, but now fretting about going to her niece's daughter's wedding in Sydney on April 21st. Not because of any health issues, but- get this- because she is fretting about leaving my brother and his girlfriend in the house unchaperoned! Dear god. They've lived together in Newcastle for 2-3 years, he's stayed at her place god knows how many times, not to mention the fact that they've been living together at my parents' place since uni ended last year, and Grandma is worrying about them not being chaperoned for the weekend. Talk about slamming the barn door after the horse has bolted.
It does help illustrate how Gam and I can have lived together for 5 years and Grandma still hasn't twigged. She is more than a little naive.
Mum and Dad and I agreed a little while ago that I won't send her 'The Letter' (informing her that Gam and I are getting married) until after Mum and Dad visit in July, so she won't demand to travel up with them and try and make me change my mind. Mum is dreading the day she finds out, and she knows she's just delaying the inevitable shrieks and wails when the news is delivered. Poor Mum.
No comments:
Post a Comment