
As I've mentioned previously, weddings appear to be an occasion on which loads of money is shelled out for unnecessary crap that people wouldn't ordinarily dream of buying. I've got photos of a few choice examples:
Also on the 'must have' list, apparently, are a 'ring pillow' (wtf?) and a quill pen (because if you don't, people will look at your wedding photos and say "oh you didn't use a quill pen to sign the certificate. Tsk tsk. Obviously your wedding was crap").
You can pour sand into a vase, or light a candle. It'll be the most expensive sand you ever buy. And don't set fire to the curtains! What a gimmick.
Now might be a good time to point out that in the entire magazine I didn't see a single dress that revealed the bride's shoes. What's the point of 'personalising' them by forking out for decorative shoe clips when no-one can see the bloody shoes? I'm tempted to wear thongs and see if anyone notices...


1 comment:
Love the label you've chosen for this blogpost.
Why are you even reading these magazines though!!? Surely it must be worth ten times the cost of the magazine to remain blissfully unaware of all the different ways to express your consumerist urges on your wedding day!
Post a Comment