Thursday, April 19, 2007

Dolly's panty-free furore


Bloody hell, 50 000 copies a magazine aimed at girls aged 12-16 have been pulled from the shelves of retailers because there is a blooper-style photo of a catwalk model whose dress has billowed up to reveal her lack of undergarments.

50 000 copies recalled so teenage girls aren't exposed to a front-on picture of a female's genitals. Am I mistaken, or don't they all have them? Does that make any sense at all?

I remember once reading a Cosmopolitan magazine educational feature on womens' bits, and the editorial mentioned that they could not publish any actual photographs of a vagina because the law prohibited it (unless it was sold through newsagents and wrapped in plastic so minors couldn't read it). As if a vagina picture automatically equals porn.

Honestly, our society's attitude towards genitals is so immature.

Update: Playboy published the uncensored pic in the July 2007 issue.

2 comments:

Mikey_Capital said...

Did you blur that or did they? Because if they did then ... what's the issue? Besides Dolly Doctor covers genital issues in graphic, graphic detail. I remember because in year ten we'd read it in the library then go ask the girls if they experienced the things mentioned.

My favourite was 'Can one vaginal flap be bigger than the other?'

Ah memories.

Marty said...

Hi Sarah & Gam, thanks for posting the image, I've blogged on this at www.ethicalmartini.blogspot.com
and I hope you don't mind but I ripped your version of the page for my site.
I'm going to link to you as well because I like your take on the PM.
I'm an ex-BrisVegas-ite, now living in Auckland, drop by and check my page.