Sunday, April 22, 2007

Optus suck too


Optus have eaten my money for the last time, the bastards.

The minimum recharge they offer is $40 for 2 months, which is quite a bit more than I use. This time around I had just over $10 left as the deadline approached, and I made a note to phone my parents on the day the credit expired just to use it up. Only, when I checked my credit, I didn't notice that the message said I needed to recharge the day before the 15th of April or the credit would expire. I just made a mental note- 'expiry, 15th of April' and set a reminder to call my Mum. Only when I went to do it, there was zero credit. Last time around I was forced to spend the $17 credit remaining on a midnight phonecall to Gam's mother (Botswana is 8 hours behind) just to ensure Optus didn't swallow my remaining money. It was at that time that I resolved to switch providers. I don't like feeling like I've been robbed.

Gam's old Telstra pre-paid Nokia3310 is on its last legs, so we figured we'd both switch to Virgin's $15 per month plan and get a new phone each. Given that switching to Virgin means we'll be able to text each other at no cost, it will be a stretch to use up $15 each per month, but it's cheaper than Optus. Bastards.

2 comments:

Chai said...

Try www.isim.com.au. Have been with them for close to 2 years. No flagfall is what I like.

Lisa said...

:) and the sky is blue.

Tried Telstra and Optus, currently with Virgin and relatively happy.